Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day!!!

   Well, today was the start of my journey to Spain! Whew, I'm already exhausted. I packed last night until 3am and it was still a disaster at baggage check. If you know me you know how I pack (HUGE overpacker) I packed an extra bag inside of one of my bags just in case. Well good thing I did that because ONE of my bags was 88lbs. Mind you, the limit is 50lbs and the wont even accept it if its over 70. My other back was 65 :0 So, because I NEEDED all my stuff I was trying to get both my bags at 70lbs and bellow. I don't know if you can do the math, but at 7 this morning I couldn't and i didn't realize until all my belongings were unpacked all around me in about a 7 foot radius that it was impossible to get the bags to both be under 70lbs. I then used my extra bag I packed, thank goodness, and took some weight out. Lots of money and 1 break down later I got all my bags checked. After my bags were checked I had to do the part I was dreading... saying goodbye to my parents. It wasn't to bad, actually kinda funny towards the end. I had told my parents that I was going to say goodbye and then I needed them to leave and not watch me go through security because it was just to hard for me. Well I'm getting in line for security after saying goodbye and watching my parents leave in opposite directions and who do I see hiding around the corner, MY MOM! I started dying laughing because she ducked back real quick when we made eye contact. She then came up and gave me another hug and shook her butt for the whole airport (inside joke). My mom was pretty upset but you couldn't tell from the night before. Last night I got out my flip camera and asked her to say good bye to me and I would record it and well I put the video on here so you can see why we were crying last night but not because we were sad but because of laughter. After I got through security everything went smoothly. I got on my flight and made friends with the guy next to me, Jose, who gave me some great places to go in Spain and all over Europe! We are, of course, now friends on facebook! I am now in the JFK airport in New York waiting on my flight to Spain. Keep me in your prayers and I cant wait to hear from all of you!
PS. if you have skype add me catelittle12





No comments:

Post a Comment